Can you believe we’re already in June? Half the year is nearly gone! Where does the time go? Fortunately, by keeping track of my goals and resolutions, I have seen how much I’ve been able to accomplish – and I know what I have left.
Family and Home:
1. Do at least one family outing a month. Our big family outing for the month was a 3 day trip down to Kansas City. It was nice to take a quick getaway that was fun for all and didn’t break the bank.
We went to the Plaza, where Isabella rubbed the nose of a lucky swine.
We checked out the newly opened LEGOland where Isabella built this giant tower.
And also stopped by the new aquarium (though not as good as the one at the Henry Doorly Zoo here in Omaha, it was still pretty neat).
CJ enjoyed himself too.
TIP! For both the SEAlife aquarium and LEGOland, buy your tickets online ahead of time. You save money AND it allows you to jump to the front of the line when you get there!
On our last day, we went to see the “Fairy Houses and Forts” at the KC Botanical Gardens. Very very cool, though a lot of walking.
I have a TON more pics to share but I’ll save those for another post.
2. Tackle the following home projects this year:
- Buy and hang curtains on all the windows. We finally got the master bedroom done!
- Unpack the remaining boxes in the basement. Not much more progress on this one.
- Create a sitting room within the master bedroom. No progress here.
- Add built in shelves to the living room by the end of the year. CJ and I talked about it today and we’ll probably get started some time this month. At least, that’s my plan…
3. Have Isabella potty trained by her 3rd birthday (September 30). We had bought a potty way back in March and finally busted it out for her to try. We have her sit on it first thing in the morning and then again before bed, just to get used to it. She’s actually tinkled in it twice! We’re not in full blown potty training mode yet but every little bit of progress helps!
4. Research pre-schools and enroll Isabella in one to start in the fall of 2012. I WILL get her enrolled in a school by the end of the month, no ‘ands’, ‘ifs’, or ‘buts’!
Financial and career:
5. Attend one career professional event a month. I skipped out in May but have already signed up for one in June.
6. Spend less money. We finally got our federal tax refund check and I put it all toward the credit card. Now we only have about $1000 left until that card is paid in full. So close!
Physical and health:
7. Adopt one new healthy habit each month:
- May – Make a daily gratitude list. I failed miserably at this one. I didn’t even make an attempt. *sigh*
Social and cultural:
8. Attend at least 4 cultural events this year (e.g. Broadway shows, concerts, museum exhibitions). Does “The Avengers” count as a cultural event?
9. Regularly participate in events put on by the social clubs I belong to (speakers events, parties, happy hours, etc). I participated in a happy hour for work and I volunteered at the Special Olympics (which was super duper awesome).
10. Go on a date night with CJ once a month. Ok so The Avengers probably falls more in to the date night category.
I still feel good about this list. I’m crossing things off and making progress. Maybe not as fast as I’d like some months, but at least we’re moving forward!!
If you liked this, you might also like: