I know I haven’t posted in a while. Life’s been busy. Guess it’s time to play “catch up”!
1. I took a blow to the face in volleyball last week. Got hit right on my left cheek.
This picture was taken after about 5 days after it happened and it’s a nice greenish yellow color. Still a tad bit tender but nothing show stopping.
2. CJ and I went out on a date last weekend! Woot! We tried a new restaurant and it was fabulous!
OK so CJ looks annoyed in this pic but he wasn’t. I think I caught him right before/after the smile. Anywho, the place was Mark’s Bistro and it’s located above some shops in the Dundee neighborhood of Omaha. We had a great view from our table.
More importantly, the food was great! I had their famous macaroni and cheese. I mean, how could I not order that?
It didn’t disappoint! CJ got a salmon sandwich of some sort that was also very good.
After dinner we went to see “The Fantastik’s” at the local community theatre. It was in their small “in the round” theatre and we had front row seats. At one point one of the characters handed me his prop – pruning shears – and asked me to hold them. Turns out that actor was CJ’s high school theatre teacher! We went backstage afterwards and saw him. He said, “Hey, you were the one holding my shears!” It was a really fun evening and nice to get out for a bit!
3. Isabella helped me make Thin Mint Brownie’s on Sunday.
Samson was very interested in helping too…
There ended up being more licking than actual helping, but that’s ok!
4. I had to take Samson in to the vet today. He’s been limping around off and on for a few weeks. They think he has a sprained ACL. Doc gave him a steroid shot and some pain meds. Said if he didn’t stop limping after a few days on the meds, then they’d have to put him under and do X-Rays and other tests to see if there is a tear or something. Here’s hoping the meds and some rest do the trick!
5. Today I got to tour the construction site of the new office tower my company is building. It was super cool to see it all up close and personal!
This is one of the main hubs where all the electrical, HVAC, etc. run through.
Careful not to get to close to this guy!
Anyone have marshmallows?
Interior of the windows which are made of special glass. Don’t ask me to explain what’s special about it…I wasn’t listening that close. It’s environmental stuff.
Then we got to ride in this “Man Lift” all the way to the top. Our guide kept saying, “Man life…er, Woman lift…er,…Person lift.” Dude, just call it an elevator.
Now for the view from the top (11 stories up)!
I tell ya, I do not know how construction workers get those hard hats to stay on. I must not have a head shaped well for those. Mine kept slipping no matter how I tightened it. As you can see the vest didn’t fit real well either. But hey, it wasn’t about looking good, it was about safety!
6. As I was tucking Isabella in to bed tonight, she held on during our usual nightly hug for an extra long time. She rested her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes while I rocked her. I could have stood like that forever. After a few minutes, she pulled back, looked me in the eye, and then gave me a kiss and a smile.
There ain’t nothing better than that.
If you liked this, you might also like: