Time once again to check in and see how I’m doing on my New Year’s Resolutions. This is about the time of year when I normally start to get flakey or lose interest. Think I stayed the course?
Family and Home:
1. Do at least one family outing a month. We did a few of these, including going to some new parks, surprise party for CJ and walking the pedestrian bridge downtown and even breakfast at my work!
2. Tackle the following home projects this year:
- Buy and hang curtains on all the windows. I bought curtains for the master bedroom but they’re on back order so I haven’t hung them yet. Baby steps. Next room to do will be the living room.
- Unpack the remaining boxes in the basement. No…though I did re-organize a few things down there.
- Create a sitting room within the master bedroom. Not yet
- Add built in shelves to the living room by the end of the year. No progress.
4. Move Isabella to a toddler bed. YES! Check this baby off! We transitioned her over just a few weeks a go and she’s doing great! It was actually really easy too, which is a relief. It still scares me that she has freedom now to wander around, and in fact she did fall down the stairs yesterday, but we’ll get used to it all in a matter of time.
5. Have Isabella potty trained by her 3rd birthday (September 30). No but we did buy a potty seat for her to start training with!
6. Research pre-schools and enroll Isabella in one to start in the fall of 2012. No progress.
Financial and career:
7. Attend one career professional event a month. Done!
8. Spend less money. We actually did really well on this one. I started employing some simple money savings tricks every day and that is helping me feel empowered. Plus we got our tax refund from the state which helped. The Federal refund will all go to paying off the credit card. I also cashed in some points on 2 of our cards to help reduce the balance. Yeah!
9. Save money for Isabella. Her money saving jar is about 1/4 of the way full!
Physical and health:
12. Adopt one new healthy habit each month:
- March – Do some type of physical activity IN ADDITION to regular workouts
- April – Drink at least 64 oz. each day (includes water, tea, or juice. Does NOT include pop or alcohol)
I actually switched these around. I figured March would be too cool for outdoor activities (turns out, I thought wrong) so I opted to do the drinking more water one. I actually was doing really well at it for the first half of the month, then I fell off. I’ll keep working on it though!
Social and cultural:
13. Attend at least 4 cultural events this year. I attended a lot of things this month – saw “The Fantastiks” at the local Community Playhouse, saw “Rock of Ages” at our theatre downtown, and attended a Fashion Show with friends! All super fun!
14. Regularly participate in events put on by the social clubs I belong to (speakers events, parties, happy hours, etc). Did a couple of these as well!
15. Go on a date night with CJ once a month. We actually went on 2 in March! We book ended the month by seeing The Fantastiks on the first Saturday and then going to The Hunger Games on the last Saturday!
I also got a lot of projects done that I’d been putting off, which always feels good. Really good.
In April I’m going to try really hard to get to some of these that I have so far been ignored. They’re not hard, it’s just a matter of doing them!
Here’s to another great month!