I put Isabella down to bed tonight and about 45 minutes later I hear her at the top of the stairs. I run to go check on her. The following is the conversation we had when I got upstairs.
- ME: What are you doing sweetheart?
- ISABELLA: I want to tell you that I’m not going to sleep tomorrow night.
- ME: You’re not going to sleep tomorrow night?
- I: No I’m not.
- ME: Well ok. I guess you better get good sleep tonight then!
- [Isabella runs down the hall to her room]
- I: I was looking EVERYWHERE for you mommy!
- ME: I was downstairs sweetheart.
- I: What were you doing?
- ME: Painting my toenails and watching TV. Remember how you helped me pick out some pretty pink nail polish? Now I’m putting it on.
- I: Can I see?
- ME: I don’t have the color on yet. You can see tomorrow.
- I: Tomorrow I will look and there will be pink all over!
- ME: Yes, something like that…but you have to go to sleep first. And if you go to sleep right away, I’ll make a special surprise for breakfast.
- I: [gasps] What is it?
- ME: You’ll find out in the morning.
- I: But what’s the surprise?
- ME: I’ll make you cinnamon biscuits.
- I: [gasps again and whispers] Cinnamon biscuits!
- ME: But you have to go to sleep right now!
- I: I want to kiss your nose first!
- ME: Ok [leans down toward her. She grabs the side of my face and pulls me close, kissing my nose]
Some of you may think I’m taking poetic license when I type up her sayings – you know, filling in all the prepositions and other words to make a complete sentence.
I type it exactly how she says it. She really does talk that way.
Better go make sure I have everything I need for cinnamon biscuits!
If you liked this, you might also like:
From the Mouths of Babes – Bedtime Edition | From the Mouths of Babes | From the Mouths of Babes